Thanksgiving Holiday Transit Guide
The Thanksgiving holiday period is expected to bring a record number of guests to LAX. Please arrive early and consider the traffic and parking issues when planning your trip to LAX. You may want to consider taking an alternate mode of transit that may save you stress, time and money will reduce your such as one of the options below.
FlyAway Extra Service 11/24/19 – 12/3/19
Easy, fast and affordable, LAX FlyAway is offering expanded service with more frequency and more seat availability during the holidays. FlyAway shuttles get to use the ‘fast lane’ inner curbs once inside LAX guaranteeing you a fast trip to and around LAX. When leaving LAX, catch the FlyAway shuttles just outside of baggage claim on the inside curb.
To and From: FlyAway stations at
- Union Station (downtown LA) - Bus Stop 1 at Patsaouras Transit Plaza
- Hollywood – 1627 N. Vine St, near LA Metro’s Red Line Hollywood/Vine Station
- Long Beach – N.W. corner of 1st St. and Long Beach Blvd in Long Beach Transit Gallery
- Van Nuys - 7610 Woodley Ave, Van Nuys
Cost for one-way regular fares (children under 5 ride free, and discounts to fares below available for TAP card EX Transit Pass users):
- Union Station: $9.75
- Hollywood: $8.00
- Long Beach: $9.00
- Van Nuys: $9.75
Times: Operating 7-days a week, 24-hours per day
- Hollywood: every 30 minutes from 12:15pm to 9:15 pm (both directions)
- Long Beach: every 30 minutes from 12:30pm to 9:30 pm (both directions)
- Van Nuys:
- To LAX: every 15 minutes from 4:30am to 11:00 pm
- To VNY: every 15 minutes from 11:00am to 11:30 pm
- Union Station: Additional service now 3 times per hour
- To LAX at the 00, 30, 45 from 10:30 am to 8:30 pm
- To Union Station at 00, 10, 40 from 9:40 am to 7:40 pm
Click here to get downloadable schedule.
LAX Holiday Shuttles 11/24/19 – 12/2/19
To and From LAX:
- 1925 Arizona Ave, Santa Monica – shuttles leave at the top of each hour, starting at 5:00 a.m.
- 2030 Century Park West, Century City – shuttles leave at 30 minutes after each hour, starting at 5:30 a.m.
Cost: $10 one-way (plus parking fee if guests choose to park at bus stop location)
Times: Service begins 4:00 am, Sunday November 24 until Monday December 2
Shuttles operate between 5:00 a.m. and midnight every day except Thanksgiving Day.
LA Metro’s Green Line
To and From: Aviation/LAX Metro Station at Imperial Highway and Aviation Boulevard. LAX shuttles take passengers between the transit station and LAX, shuttle drivers may ask for proof of payment via a TAP card for guests heading to the airport. The Green Line connects to the Silver Line (Bus Rapid Transit) and A Line (light rail, formerly the Blue Line) for service to downtown Los Angeles. Plan your trip.
Cost: ALL Public Transit is FREE from LAX Transit Center on LA Metro buses and the LA Green Line, Big Blue Bus, Torrance Transit and Culver City Bus. Please show your boarding pass.
The following transit systems will offer free rides out of LAX from Sunday, November 24 through Monday, December 2, Buses from LAX City Bus Center:
Taxi or Ride Apps (Lyft, Uber, Opoli)
Drop off in taxi or ride app vehicles is in the terminals.
Leaving LAX is through the new LAX-it system and all rides with Taxi and ride apps will be picked up in the LAX-it lot next to terminal 1. Get more information on using LAX-it here.