LAX Terminal 1 Information
What's happening at Terminal 1
With a $508 million upgrade underway, anticipate a new terminal design with expanded views, a modernized concourse, 24 new retail and dining concepts in the works and a renovated arrival baggage claim area.
Airlines at Terminal 1
- Southwest (Domestic Flights)
- Southwest (Int'l Check-in)
- Departure gates have been permanently renumbered and there will be rotating gate closures during construction. Be sure to check display monitors for the latest gate updates.
- Many new concessions are now open. Check out all your dining options on the "Where to Eat Now" section of this page.
- Throughout 2017, watch for construction barricades outside Terminal 1 on both the east and west ends of the Upper/Departures Level, and on east end of the Lower/Arrivals Level.
- Much of the drop-off lane at Terminal 1 on the Upper/Departures Level is closed, so expect delays. Consider dropping off between Terminals 1 and 2 instead.
- During construction, sidewalks outside Terminal 1 on both levels will be impacted, but we'll have temporary sidewalk areas set up and signage to direct you.
- Other Eats: Waiting for your flight? A valid boarding pass for same-day departure gets you into any terminal for other dining and retail options.
- Keep Movin': If dropping off passengers at Terminal 1, drive to the farthest end of the drop-off lane after the construction barrier where it's often less crowded.
To optimize your shopping and dining experience, you are now leaving our LAX site and entering our partner site, URW LAX Shop & Dine. Please come back soon!