LAX Terminal 6 Information
What's happening at Terminal 6
Terminal 6 will be refreshed as part of a $230 million modernization project that began in early 2021, creating more space for passengers and bringing upgraded technology to the building following two projects that were completed in the 2010s to renovate the ticketing lobby, bag claim and concourse areas.
For interactive 3D map click here.
Airlines at Terminal 6
- Advanced Air
- Air Canada *
- Alaska Airlines **
- Southern Air (Mokulele)
* Departures Only
** All in-bound International flights past 7:00pm arrive at Terminal B
- A new terminal-wide concession design inspired by Los Angeles' iconic Sunset Boulevard
- A design that reflects L.A.'s distinct style and will include new architectural lighting and digital technology
- 21 new dining and retail options - construction on this new concessions program expected to continue through 2016
- Nursing Room (Check out locations here)
- Animal Relief Station (See map for location)
- $238-million renovation
- Enhanced décor and club lounge
- Increased lobby space
- New ticketing counters with customer-friendly islands featuring check-in kiosks, bag-check stations and a behind-the-scenes, in-line baggage handling system
- Additional security screening checkpoints
- Enhanced access to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection inspection facility for arriving international passengers
- Aircraft maintenance facilities and offices
- New dining and retail concessions. See "Where to Eat" and "Where to Shop" sections below.
- Waiting for your flight? A valid boarding pass for same-day departure gets you into any terminal for other dining and retail options.
- Did you know that there are tunnels connecting the southside terminals at LAX post-security? Use our tunnel map to guide you to dining and retail options in other southside terminals during your layover.
- If dropping off passengers at Terminal 6, as you enter the airport, stay in the far left lane and make a left turn across from Terminal 1 where signs point to United/United Express Terminal 7. On the Lower/Arrivals Level, the shortcut leads directly to Terminals 5, 6, 7 and 8. On the Upper/Departures Level, the shortcut leads to Terminals 6, 7 and 8. Both let you exit the airport.
To optimize your shopping and dining experience, you are now leaving our LAX site and entering our partner site, URW LAX Shop & Dine.
Please come back soon!