Ways To Go Around Airport Terminals
Frequent, courtesy shuttle service is provided between terminals to assist travelers in getting from one terminal to another for airline connections (A Route). Shuttles also transport passengers to and from Employee Parking lots). Shuttle service is also provided to and from the Metro Rail Green Line Aviation Station (G Route). To use our shuttle service, travelers should board the LAX Shuttle under the LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections blue sign on the Lower/Arrivals Level islands in front of each terminal.
Bus service is available between:
- Terminal 2 and Terminal B
- Terminal 1 and The West Gates at Tom Bradley
"A" Route transports passengers between terminals. It operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and runs every 10 minutes.More...
The Tom Bradley International Terminal (Terminal B) and Terminals 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 are all connected airside via an overground passage between Terminal 4 and the Tom Bradley International Terminal (Terminal B), an underground tunnel between Terminals 4, 5 and 6 and above-ground walkways between Terminals 6, 7, and 8. An additional airside shuttle bus operates between Terminals 4, 5, and the American Eagle remote terminal. There are no physical airside connections between any of the other terminals.
Inter-terminal connections between terminals 1, 2, and 3, and between them and the other terminals, require passengers to exit security, then walk or use a shuttle-bus to get to the other terminal, then re-clear security. Terminals 4-8, which comprise the south terminal complex, provide airside connections, which allow connecting passengers to access other terminals without having to re-clear security. The following airside connections are possible:
- Tom Bradley International Terminal (Terminals B), 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 have an airside connection.
- Terminals 4, 5, and 6 are connected via an airside underground walkway. At Terminal 6 passengers can transfer from the above ground terminal walkway to the underground walkway to access Terminals 4, 5, and 6.
- Terminals 6, 7, and 8 are all connected airside via walking corridors at the same level as the terminal, allowing passengers a seamless connection (International arriving passengers must clear Customs, and then security, on a lower level first).
Click on the image to download the PDF version
A bus provides connections between Terminals 2, 3 and Tom Bradley past the Security Screening Check Points.
Click here for interactive map