Traveler Guides & Tips
LAX Airport Police office location and contact details can be found here:
- Airport Police Front Desk/General Police Information/Questions – 424-646-6100
- Airport Police Dispatch Emergency Calls (424) 646-7911
- Airport Police Dispatch Non-Emergency Calls (310) 646-4268
- Hours of Operation vary according to terminal
- Airport Police (Police Related) Media Inquiries (424) 646-5591
- Airport Police Recruitment Information 424-646-5584
For additional information, you can also visit the LAX Airport Police website.
Lost and Found
If you lost an item and are searching for your item while in the terminal, the following information may be helpful in locating your item. The best place to begin your search is by identifying when and where you last saw your item.
- Contact your airline for lost suitcases or items left on an aircraft, click here.
- Check with Restaurants and LAX Stores, click here.
- Transportation services, click here.
- Contact U.S. Customs for lost passports at (310) 665-4560.
The LAX Lost and Found receives lost items found throughout the airport (i.e. gate area, curbside, ticketing, etc.) Monday to Friday, excluding holidays and weekends. Items lost at the TSA checkpoint are turned in to the Airport Police approximately 5 to 10 business days from the date lost. To make an inquiry with the LAX Lost and Found, click here.
Anxiety of Flying
and unlock the premium features for 30 days.
SimpliFly Download App
Scan QR Code
Medical and First Aid
First Aid Station
Tom Bradley International Terminal (Terminal B)
Monday – Thursday
10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
If the First Aid Station is not staffed, please use the two phones outside of the station for medical assistance.
Automated External DefibrillatorsDefibrillators are available to assist guests who suffer from sudden cardiac arrest. These units are strategically located at security posts in the terminals beyond passenger screening stations and on bicycle patrol units. Airport Police officers have been fully trained in the use of this life-saving device so they can respond in an emergency.
In situations of a more serious nature, paramedic ambulance assistance can be summoned within minutes by contacting any airline employee or LAX Airport Police at (310) 646-7911.
Bank of America operates ATMs located in the departure's level in all terminals at LAX
- ICE Currency Exchange booths are located on the departures level post-security in Terminals 2, 4, 6, 7, and Tom Bradley International Terminal.
- There are ICE Currency Exchange booths located on the arrivals and ticketing levels in Tom Bradley International Terminal.
- Cash advances (up to $300 in US Dollars) on Visa and Mastercard are available at the ICE Currency Exchange booths in Terminals 2, 7, and Tom Bradley International Terminal.
- All ICE Currency Exchange booths sell international and domestic Sim Cards.
- Hours of Operation vary according to terminal
- For more information on exchange rates and hours of operation, please call the numbers listed below.
|Terminal||Contact||Location||Hours of Operation|
|Terminal B – Arrivals||(310) 417-0366||Tom Bradley International Terminal – Arrivals Level||6:15am-9:45pm|
|Terminal B – Departures North||(310) 417-0364||Tom Bradley International Terminal – Departures North||7:45am-11:15pm|
|Terminal B – Departures South||(310) 338-9736||Tom Bradley International Terminal – Departures South||7:45am-11:15pm|
|Terminal B – Ticketing||(310) 646-1950||Tom Bradley International Terminal – Ticketing Level||9:15am-8:00pm|
|Terminal 2||(310) 646-9225||Terminal 2 – Departures Level||5:45am-1:15pm|
|Terminal 4||(310) 646-2929||Terminal 4 – Departures Level||Temporary Closed|
|Terminal 6||(310) 642-1899||Terminal 6 – Departures Level||5:45am-1:15pm|
|Terminal 7||(310) 646-7934||Terminal 7 – Departures Level||5:45am-11:00pm|
- U.S. Postal Service: Postal services are not available in any of the terminals at LAX. Travelers need to mail their correspondence before coming to the airport. The nearest U.S. Postal Service is located at 8821 Aviation Blvd., Los Angeles, California 90009. Regular business hours are Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For information, call 1-800-ASK-USPS.
- Free Wi-Fi available in all departure level public areas and baggage claim
- Hotel Reservation and Car Rental Information: In all terminals in or adjacent to baggage claim on Lower/Arrival Level.
All About Animals
As traveling can create stress and anxieties at airports, the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) Pets Unstressing Passengers (PUP) program is an opportunity to provide an overall enhanced customer experience, providing stress relief and comfort to passengers through interaction with pets. The PUPs are the volunteers “own” dogs, and both donate their time to LAX. They are registered with Alliance of Therapy Dogs. We welcome you to visit, hug, kiss and take pictures with the PUPs when traveling through LAX. We welcome you sending in any pictures or posting them on our Facebook page. For information on the program please contact Heidi Huebner at 424-646-8471 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo Album of Active PUPs
Photo Album of Retired PUPs
We are grateful for the years of service the PUPs on this page have provided to our employees and guests that have traveled through LAX. These dogs have the years of experience in the art of friendship.
Pet Relief Stations located at LAX - Examples of indoor and outdoor stations are circled in red.
At LAX we love pets, but it is important to check with your airline about the rules and procedures for safely traveling with them. All information about pet carriers, limits on the number and types of animals allowed in airline cabins, and picking up animals at baggage claim areas should be provided by your airline.
Here are links to the pet pages for some of the airlines flying into and out of LAX:
American Airlines, click here.
Delta Airlines, click here.
Southwest Airlines, click here.
United Airlines, click here.
Guidance from Humane Society on Traveling with Pets, click here.
LAX Art Program
Video courtesy of Los Angeles World Airports
The mission of the Art Program is to present diverse and memorable art experiences to enhance and humanize the travel experience at LAX and the LAX FlyAway bus terminal in Van Nuys. Featuring local and regional artists through temporary exhibitions, permanent art installations, and cultural performances, the Art Program provides access to an array of contemporary artworks that reflect and celebrate the region's creative caliber.