Lost and Found (Public Areas Inventory - excluding TSA Checkpoint)
Search through the LAX Airport Police Lost and Found inventory for your lost item. To expedite your search, all items recovered from the following locations (Ticketing Area, Baggage Claim, Gate Area, Restaurants, Stores, Curbside, Airport Parking Lots, LAX-IT Shuttle, and LAX-IT Lot) will be posted on this webpage within 48 to 72 hours excluding holidays and weekends. ID cards and Driver License are automatically mailed to the address on the card and will not be posted on our webpage. You can view the details of the item by clicking on the item. If the image is a grey box, it is an item that can only be verified by the owner’s description. If you do not see your item, please check back later to view our inventory. If the item is not posted within 48 to 72 hours from the date you lost it, we did not receive it.
For items left at the TSA checkpoint, please click here
Please note, this page works best in web browsers other than Internet Explorer.
We receive many items that are alike on a daily basis. To help us identify your property please provide specific details to expedite the review of your claim. The owner of the item should be the one to submit a claim to expedite the process. Please verify the spelling of your email address before submitting your claim.
- Laptops & tablets: serial number or passcode is required. Serial Numbers for IOS devices can be found on your Apple ID. Serial numbers for other devices can be found on extended warranties or service contracts, original boxes, etc. When providing a passcode, the device will be immediately locked upon confirming ownership of the item.
- Cellphones: Passcode or IMEI number is required. The IMEI number can be obtained from your cellphone carrier account.
- Clothing: Brand, size, color, other descriptors.
- Bags & Backpacks: provide details of the contents inside of your bag. Identify 3 specific items such as toiletries, clothing articles, shoes, etc. Be specific about the items inside of your bag.
- Keys: identify key chains, key color, make. For vehicle keys, submit a photo of your vehicle registration by replying to your email confirmation for your claim submission.
- All items: brand, make, model, size, color, unique descriptors, etc.
- Property with currency: provide a screenshot of your itinerary or boarding pass that shows the date and name. The screenshots can be submitted by replying to the email confirmation for your claim submission.
- ID cards and Driver Licenses: are automatically mailed to the address on the card.
- Perishables: We do not accept perishable items such as food.
- You will receive an email confirmation that your claim was successfully submitted.
- Our team will review your claim in the order it was received. Please keep in mind our team receives hundreds of claims every week. We will respond as soon as possible.
- If we have your item and we can verify ownership with the information you provided on your claim, we will email you a shipping link to recover your item at your expense. If you have more than one item that cannot be shipped together, you will receive a link for each item. Once a shipping link is sent, the claim is not monitored for messages.
- If we have your item and we cannot establish ownership, we will contact you via email or telephone to request further information. Our team will attempt to contact you twice via email. If we do not receive a response, your claim will be closed.
- A government issued ID is required before shipping the item.
- Please do not submit multiple claims for the same item. Multiple claims for the same item delay our review process.
- Email is the primary form of communication. Emails from our office may be routed to your spam inbox. To ensure you receive our messages please add our software provider’s email domain to your SPAM filter (@crowdfind.com). Please check your spam inbox for messages.
- Items are kept for a period of 90 days from the date found. If you do not pay for the shipping to recover your item, your item will be processed out from our inventory.
- Our Office is closed for in-person returns.
To search for an item lost in public areas such as ticketing, curbside, baggage claim, gate area, stores, LAX-IT, airport parking lots, click here.
Claims are closed for one of the following reasons:
- We did not receive your item.
- We did not receive the information requested to verify ownership.
- You did not recover your item within 90 days.
*Fields required to process
Airport Police Lost / Found retains item[s] for a maximum of 90 days from booking date.
Lost passports only - contact US Customs @ 310.665.4560