Traveler Guides & Tips
LAX Airport Police office location and contact details can be found here:
- Airport Police Front Desk/General Police Information/Questions – 424-646-6100
- Airport Police Dispatch Emergency Calls (424) 646-7911
- Airport Police Dispatch Non-Emergency Calls (310) 646-4268
- Hours of Operation vary according to terminal
- Airport Police (Police Related) Media Inquiries (424) 646-5591
- Airport Police Recruitment Information 424-646-5584
For additional information, you can also visit the LAX Airport Police website.
Lost and Found
Use this form for any item that was lost or found at Los Angeles International Airport. Airport Police Lost / Found retains items for a maximum of 90 days from the item booking date. For lost passports ONLY, contact US Customs at (310) 665-4560.
Guests may contact several sources for assistance in recovering lost items:
Airline Lost & Found
Lost suitcases and items left on aircraft, click here.
LAX Airport Police Lost & Found
Items lost at LAX restaurants, stores, parking lots, sidewalks and security screening checkpoints
5600 W. Century Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Phone: (424) 646-5678
Hours of Operation:
8:00 am to 4:30 pm PST, Mon – Fri
APD Lost & Found will be closed every Mondays until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Please allow 96 hours from the date items were lost for them to be posted online.
A complete inventory of found property can be viewed on the Lost & Found weblink.
Transportation Companies Lost & Found
Items left in taxis, buses, vans, rental cars & public vehicles, click here.
Medical and First Aid
First Aid Station
Tom Bradley International Terminal (Terminal B)
Monday – Thursday
10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
If the First Aid Station is not staffed, please use the two phones outside of the station for medical assistance.
Automated External DefibrillatorsDefibrillators are available to assist guests who suffer from sudden cardiac arrest. These units are strategically located at security posts in the terminals beyond passenger screening stations and on bicycle patrol units. Airport Police officers have been fully trained in the use of this life-saving device so they can respond in an emergency.
In situations of a more serious nature, paramedic ambulance assistance can be summoned within minutes by contacting any airline employee or LAX Airport Police at (310) 646-7911.
Bank of America operates ATMs located in both departures and arrival levels in all terminals at LAX
- ICE Currency Exchange booths are located on the departure level post-security in Terminals 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and Tom Bradley International Terminal.
- ICE Currency Exchange booths are located on the arrivals level in Terminals 2, 5, 6, and Tom Bradley International Terminal.
- Cash advances (up to $300 in US Dollars), on Visa and Mastercards are available at the ICE Currency Exchange Kiosks in Terminal 2, 3, 5, 7 and Tom Bradley International Terminal.
- All ICE Currency Exchange booths sell international and domestic Sim Cards.
- Hours of Operation vary according to terminal
- For more information, please call following numbers for exchange rates and hours of operation
|Tom Bradley International Terminal|
|TBIT Departures South||(310) 338-9736||Tom Bradley Intl. Depart South|
|TBIT Arrivals||(310) 417-0366||Tom Bradley Intl. Arrival|
|TBIT DEP HALL||(310) 646-1950||Tom Bradley Intl. Ticketing|
|TBIT Departures North||(310) 417.0364||Tom Bradley Intl. Depart North|
|Terminal 2 Departures||(310) 646-9225||Terminal 2 Departure|
|Terminal 2 Arrivals||(310) 646-5818||Terminal 2 Arrival|
|Terminal 4||(310) 646-2929||Terminal 4 Departure|
|Terminal 5 Departures||(310) 348-1725||Terminal 5 Departure|
|Terminal 6 Arrivals||(310) 646-7761||Terminal 6 Arrival|
|Terminal 6 Departures||(310) 642-1899||Terminal 6 Departure|
|Terminal 7||(310) 646-7934||Terminal 7 Departure|
- U.S. Postal Service: Postal services are not available in any of the terminals at LAX. Travelers need to mail their correspondence before coming to the airport. The nearest U.S. Postal Service is located at 9029 Airport Blvd., Los Angeles, California 90009. Regular business hours are everyday from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. For information, call 1-800-ASK-USPS.
- Free Wi-Fi available in all departure level public areas and baggage claim
- Hotel Reservation and Car Rental Information: In all terminals in or adjacent to baggage claim on Lower/Arrival Level.
All About Animals
As traveling can create stress and anxieties at airports, the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) Pets Unstressing Passengers (PUP) program is an opportunity to provide an overall enhanced customer experience, providing stress relief and comfort to passengers through interaction with pets. The PUPs are the volunteers “own” dogs, and both donate their time to LAX. They are registered with Therapy Dogs Inc. We welcome you to visit, hug, kiss and take pictures with the PUPs when traveling through LAX. We welcome you sending in any pictures or posting them on our Facebook page. For information on the program please contact Heidi Huebner at 424-646-8471 or email [email protected]
Pet Relief Stations located at LAX - Examples of indoor and outdoor stations are circled in red.
LAX Art Program
The mission of the Art Program is to present diverse and memorable art experiences to enhance and humanize the travel experience at LAX and the LAX FlyAway bus terminal in Van Nuys. Featuring local and regional artists through temporary exhibitions, permanent art installations, and cultural performances, the Art Program provides access to an array of contemporary artworks that reflect and celebrate the region's creative caliber.